1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows upgrade to 1803 on Elitebook 840 G4 failing

HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

ich try to Update my EliteBook 840 G3 to Windows 10 Release 1803; without success.

- latest Driver from HP are installed

- latest Driver from Inter are installed

- tried Windows Update reset etc.

What can i try more?

1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,021 9,918 802 3,894
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @IT178

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Installation or upgrade may fail due to :

- corrupted drivers or not updated drivers

- presence of incompatible software (like security software)

- corrupted Windows installation.

Clean Windows installation/reinstallation should do the trick if all of the above cannot be troubleshot with other steps

Here are instructions how to clean install/reinstall Windows 10:

Video reference >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAvFm52IjI4

Windows reinstallation / clean installation :

- You can directly download Windows 10 ISO from MS site or download >> Media creation tool from Microsoft site, create installation DVD or installation USB  and  proceed with clean installation/reinstallation.

Download:

>> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Make sure you select the proper version (64 bit / Home or Pro) if asked.

Media Creation tool will always provide you with the latest Windows version/build - now 1803 Spring Creators Update.

- When download completes, you will need to write  the ISO image and boot from a bootable media. You will need a blank USB pendrive (min 4 GB capacity). Use the Media Creation tool.

When ready with the USB drive or with the DVD:

Please, shutdown the computer using the power button.

Insert the Windows USB thumdrive prepared previously

Power on the PC.

As soon as you press the power-on button, start hitting the Esc button repeatedly (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu

Choose F9 to open Boot options. Select the USB thumb drive as a boot option.

- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 10. Perform clean installation/custom installation (not repair).

Delete all existing partitions and install Windows on Disc 0 Unallocated space

- After successful Windows installation, install drivers taken from HP web site or via Windows Update/Device Manager >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139

- Make sure Windows is Activated by going to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Activation

- You might want to stop some of the Windows Telemetry by using free tools such as Spybot AntiBeacon or DWS Lite

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
Step-by-step instructions to do a clean installation of the Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803), and learn the steps to configure the out-of-box expe...
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation