Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 (2YS53AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have now pretty much got my new ZBook configured as I need and all seems to be working correctly other than the LED on the wireless button. The button itself works correctly, toggling Flight Mode on and off. The LED in the button works as it lights during the boot sequence.

I received the machine with Windows 10 1709 and updated to 1803 which probably caused the failure of the LED functionality. I have not reinstalled Windows; my installation is based on the factory image. I have not removed any of the HP software, though will probably get rid of JumpStart and likely also HP Client Security in the fullness of time.

I am running the latest generic Intel Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers based partly on local security policy and partly on there being a documented security bug in the Bluetooth drivers (HP ship 20.50, the minimum version for the fix is 20.60). I doubt replacing these drivers is the root cause of the problem because the wireless button toggles Windows' Flight Mode, not individual radios. I am running the HP supplied NFC driver.

I have reinstalled the Hotkey Support software and the Conexant audio software, which got the audio LEDs working again (then I edited data.sqlite to get rid of the annoying high CPU issue caused by the interaction between Flow and the latest version of Firefox). I have also reinstalled HP Connection Manager, but the LED still does not work. Presumably there is something else I need to reinstall, though I am not sure what that might be. This system does not have a separate Wireless Button driver, otherwise that would be the obvious target for reinstallation.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.