Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Wrong Date in warranty

HP Recommended
Hp Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I purchased a HP Laptop from a Retailer in my City 1st of August,2017, However, when I check my warranty at HP online site, it is showing that the warranty starts from February, 2017. I inform to retailer about warranty problem. He told to me HP online warranty is not original warrant, Original warranty start from that date when you buy laptop from supplier Invoice bill. So, need for worry.

But I'm confuse please let me know what should i do for this problem. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,357 11,483
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Right. 

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CherylG
Level 17
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your invoice will be used to set warranty date in the event you have to claim warranty service. Be sure to keep it filed away in a safe place because HP will ask for a copy in the event of warranty claim.

0 Kudos
Kashif123
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, it's mean invoice date is my warranty starting date. So, no need for worry. Right?

0 Kudos
CherylG
Level 17
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Right. 

View solution in original post

Marietje
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please tell me why I keep receiving requests to update my warranty. I renewed it in December 2017

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation