Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I  manage a small fleet of 840 G1 and G2 laptops.  Looking at the service manaul it appears theZ-Book is "Family". 

I see that the Z-Books tend to have a second graphics adapter (as did some of the 840's, but it's different).  I also see some differences in the cover and keyboard bezel color(grey vs silver).

Are there any other differences like a sturdier case?

I am not keen on the basic Intel adapter quality on 4K.  Are the adapters in these any better?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

EliteBook is the top-end business notbook family that includes security technology like HP Sure Start, BIOS self-healing. The Elitebook line has 2 families, the 800 series and the 1000 series (with the thinnest, newest technologies and materials, and which are mostly x360 hybrid designs). The Zbook  family is the performance series with additional graphics and capacities, and provide ISV (software) certifications for industry-wide design and engineering applications, like AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite, and many, many others

Hope this helps

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks you, but a bit more high level than I was hoping for.  Can you dial this back specificaly to the 840 G1 and G2 and thier Z-Book bretheran?

What is "x360 hybrid designs" and is it relevant to the older G1 and G2?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.