Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 12 (454 Views)

Z3Y53PA - HP Probook 470 G4

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Probook 470 G4
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am interested in buying one of these devices however I have some questions:

Is there a WWAN module on the Australian version, as I believe there an internal SIM slot available.

Regarding the WLAN module, in the service manual:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=104773...

it says that it is Bluetooth 4.0, however in both the Product and Store pages it is listed as Bluetooth 4.2.

Also, the NV-930MX(2GB) is listed on the Store page so I assume it is included since it is not mentioned on the Product page?

The internal drives are listed as 500GB however the online store says it is 1TB and as well does the motherboard chipset actually support USB 3.1, contrary to the specifications listed on the website, i.e. is it the Union Point 200 chipset?

In addition, I can see a Fingerprint reader so is that included as well and I believe this unit can accept up to 16GB of memory so can that be ordered too?

I'd appreciate some clarification on this as I'd like to know what I am purchasing.

Thank you

References:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=10477368#!tab=specs

http://h20386.www2.hp.com/AustraliaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=Z3Y53PA&opt=&sel=NTB

P.S. Would there be any change of obtaining a User Manual, as only a Service Manual which while very informative is maybe a bit on the overkill side for Generalist usage

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 12 (428 Views)

Re: Z3Y53PA - HP Probook 470 G4

Hi,

The first list shows many OPTIONS for the series. This may change next week. If you wish, you can select a RIGHT configuration for you. The link is for Australian market only and a machine can have:

Network interface Realtek Ethernet (10/100/1000) Wireless HP lt4132 LTE/HSPA+ 4G Mobile Broadband
Realtek 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.0 Combo
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo (non-vPro)
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo (non-vPro) 4,5,6 

You ONLY have one option for WWAN, you have to pick the option now

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
Message 3 of 12 (424 Views)

Hi BH,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Are you saying that WWAN is optional, i.e. there is an extra charge?

Also, are you saying there are 4 options for WLAN/BlueTooth?

Regards

Provost
Message 4 of 12 (421 Views)

Hi,

Have you read your link ? You have to pay for each option separately, one may be more expensive than others. Nothing is free in this world.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
Message 5 of 12 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]

As per first link, points 5 & 6:

5 Wireless access point and Internet service required and sold separately. Availability of public wireless access points limited. The specifications for the 802.11ac WLAN are draft specifications and are not final. If the final specifications differ from the draft specifications, it may affect the ability of the notebook to communicate with other 802.11ac WLAN devices.

6 Mobile Broadband requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G LTE not available on all products, and in all regions.

As per the second link, it says:

- Network interface Realtek Ethernet (10/100/1000) Wireless

- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo (non-vPro)

So I now know what the WLAN is but I don't see anything about the WWAN being an option.

Cheers

Provost
Message 6 of 12 (397 Views)

Hi,

I did say only 1 option and bolted it in blue:

HP lt4132 LTE/HSPA+ 4G Mobile Broadband

Regards.

BH
Tutor
Message 7 of 12 (394 Views)

banhien wrote:

Hi,

I did say only 1 option and bolted it in blue:

HP lt4132 LTE/HSPA+ 4G Mobile Broadband

Hello,

I believe so, I found some specifications on that:

http://www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=6322259

but I would have to check the Bands to see if that would work in Australia for any mobile network as you don't get an option to Add it in the Store page.

The Service Manual says there is a SIM slot so I'd not need a riser card but I believe this uses the M.2 port so an SSD would therefore be out of the question (not that the SSD was an option in the Store).

Thanks again

Provost
Message 8 of 12 (387 Views)

Hi,

Your first link is for Australian market and the last link if somewhere in Middle East. SAIM slot will be there even no WWAN card.

Please note. You have to buy from Australian market and check with Vodafone, Telstra, Optus .... first. My loan machine with everything (WWAN, SIM) but won't work in Australia. I have not tried to put my Optus SIM to the machine.

Regards. 

BH
Tutor
Message 9 of 12 (381 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is the Manufacturers' page:

http://consumer.huawei.com/sg/solutions/m2m-solutions/products/tech-specs/me906e-sg.htm

which says approvals are from Vodafone and Telstra.

According to this page:

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/mobile_phone_frequencies

3G would be functional on all networks, however I would miss out on (B28) 700Mhz for Optus and Telstra, as well as (B40) if I were in Perth.

Nothing is mentioned regarding Carrier Aggregation unfortunately.

Tutor
Message 10 of 12 (37 Views)

Hi,

It's the march update from the HP website.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation