Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

ZBook 17 G3 Windows 7 Bluetooth driver not working

HP Recommended
ZBook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have several HP ZBook 17 G3 notebook and I have yet to get the Bluetooth installed on any of them in WIndows 7, but it works normally in Windows 10.

I have all the USB 3.0 and 3.1 drivers installed properly because the docking station is working, but the Bluetooth driver still has a yellow exlcmation point next to it in the Device Manager and it is listed as a Generic Bluetooth Adapter.

Device status is listed as "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I installed the latest drivers in sp74755 and even tried the older sp72010 with no change.

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Techtoday
Level 4
Level 4
70 70 6 19
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Please have the following driver installed
sp76085.exe
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8693767&swItemId=ob_167946_1&swEnvOid=405...

if the issue is still the same, then try to download the drivers from 'Intel Driver Update Utility' and install the drivers

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

Techtoday

0 Kudos
Julian_P
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately the link posted takes me to a page with no downloadable content. Searching for the service update number also draws a blank.

I used the Intel utility and installed the latest drivers, but still get code 43. It worked fine yesterday but not today.

0 Kudos
MSLEEE
Level 6
Level 6
236 236 13 31
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please try to remove MS kb3172605 and install the bluetooth driver.

0 Kudos
wjimenez0883
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Julian,

Were you able to get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue.

-W

0 Kudos
Julian_P
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, the good news is that yes, it has been resolved. The bad news is that it took an HP technician to visit me and spend two hours of fiddling with my computer to get it to work. Basically there were cached details and suchlike that needed repeated clearing and resetting.

Have fun!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation