jkalaigian
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

ZBook 17 G3 does not detect new battery

HP Recommended
ZBook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following the upgrade to BIOS 01.21 Rev.A, and enabling Battery Safety Mode, and the replacement of the battery, my ZBook 17 G3 cannot detect the new battery. When I run the UEFI Component Diagnostics (not launch from Windows, but from the BIOS) to Test and Calibrate the Battery, results in a message that No Battery Is Detected. The contacts on the battery seem ok and properly seated.

According to the BIOS Update/Battery Safety disclaimer:

5. When your new battery is installed and system restarted, the BIOs will detect your new battery and disable battery safety mode, your notebook can now be powered using the replacement battery.

However, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Please advise. I see a new BIOS update (01.22 Rev.A) was released recently, but I didn't see anything pertinent to the Battery issue in the release notes.

3 REPLIES 3
EZWEP
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jkalaigian
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
After speaking support, I end up downgrading the BIOS the prior revision (1.17 I believe) then upgrading to the latest. Seems to be ok now.
EZWEP
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. I followed your instructions and installed the Bios version 01.16. Then the battery worked again. Then I installed the Bios version 01.24. Everything is working again.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation