Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ZBook G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've brand new notebook ZBook G5 (3AX13AV). When I reboot, notebook sleep behavior is ok. But when it goes to sleep and wake ups, it starts to ignore my settings and it goes to sleep in 1 minute (plugged in).

I've had ZBook G4 (Y6K28EA) and it had the same problem. HP support was not able to solve the problem so they decided to replace it with ZBook G5. But it has the same problem.

Is somebody from HP able to help me? Or all ZBooks G4 and G5 have problem with sleep mode?

EventLog records:

The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎18T15:14:44.555170000Z

Wake Time: ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎18T15:15:32.418380600Z

Wake Source: Device -Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)

The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎18T15:18:51.758754600Z

Wake Time: ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎18T15:24:39.805208700Z

Wake Source: Device -Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)

Current sleep power and sleep settingsCurrent sleep power and sleep settings

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I was having a similar problem with my power options and other settings being reset. I went into 'Accounts' in WIndows 10 settings and turned off 'sync settings'. No problems after that. 

I don't know if that will help you, but worth a try I guess. Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip. My synchronization is off "Sync is not available for your account...". My computer is not in domain and I use offline account. But I've setup one Microsoft account for email, calendar and contacts and one work account for Office 365.

I've original factory Windows installation and all my drivers and BIOS are updated.

Sleep works correctly until computer goes to sleep automatically in 30 minutes. When I wake it up it's broken and goes to sleep in one minute. Restart solves the problem until next automatic sleep.

HP Recommended

Is the system used with any sort of docking station?

HP Recommended

No, it's not connected to any docking station.

HP Recommended

Ah, sorry the suggestion didn't help. Maybe you could try Microsoft's Windows 10 community forum and tech support too? It sounds like a Wiindows 10 power setting bug to me.  

*Addendum* Loooking through the Microsoft forum it looks like this is a really common problem! There are some solutions in there.

HP Recommended

If the Office 365 account is a business one, does it appear in Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school? If so, you could be picking up some settings from Azure Active Directory that override whatever you configure - though that seems unlikely if you're seeing what you expect to see in Settings -> System -> Power & sleep.

I agree with @Eclipse2017 - this seems to be more a Microsoft problem than an HP one. You've had a replacement system from HP and there's no docking station to complicate things. I do hope you can find a solution - it would be interesting if you could post back in this thread with your solution if you find one.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tips. I'll try change settings related to "System unattended sleep timeout". I'll let you know if it works or not.

HP Recommended

Issue seems to be related to "unattended sleep timeout" described here: https://superuser.com/questions/1019043/windows-10-sleeps-before-set-time

"According to Microsoft's Documentation, the unattended sleep timeout is only supposed to be used instead of the normal sleep timeout if the system wakes itself up instead of the user waking it up. For instance, if the system is woken by a scheduled event, it would fall back asleep after two minutes by default. For some reason, however, it seems the value is used even for user initiated wake-ups on some computers."

I think that issue is somewhere between drivers and Windows 10. I usually wake up my computer by wireless Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Mouse attached to USB (Wake Source: Device -Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)).

I've set timeout values for unattended sleep to the same values as values for "sleep after" (default 15 and 30 minutes). It seems to be good workaround.

If you need to reset power settings after some experiments, you can run this command:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.