endlessnine
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

ZBook Studio G3 Will Only Boot with Battery Removed

HP Recommended
Zbook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Made a few driver updates today which were recommended by the support center. I updated the BIOS to version 1.45 for n82 board family (which is the correct product family). The computer rebooted fine and I logged back in. After a few minutes the power shut off. I tried to reboot but the power button and CAPS LOCK button would flash and nothing. I removed the battery and tried starting up with just the AC cord. It works fine. (I'm writing this while on the system currently without the battery)

However, any attempt to start with the battery installed is impossible. This is extremely confusing because even if the battery died (coincidentally on the same day that I updated the drivers), wouldn't the PC still start when connected to the AC plug?

I tried reinstalling the BIOS update, setting the BIOS settings to factory default, but nothing works. Unfortunately, I can not recover to the old BIOS I guess because the recovery option is BIOS 1.45.

Any suggestions?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation