Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is completely shutting down on lid close no matter what settings changes I make in the OS Power Plan.  This even after a complete rebuild with a newer version of Win10 (currently 1809 - Enterprise LTSB).  I've tried updating the Intel and Nvidia drivers direct from HP Support site as well as other various items including BIOS.  I cannot find anything in the BIOS that seems to help with this issue.  I'm using a Thunderbolt 3 dock and updated the firmware on that, also tried it on battery only.  I'm stuck, thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Anyone?  I should also note some separate but possibly related issues.  The TB3 dock that I have (PN P5Q58AA#ABA) when disconnected, then reconnected will not reconnect and bring things back up (external monitors, usb, ethernet etc) without rebooting.  Also, pressing the power button on the dock while the lid is closed also does not boot up the system.  I have to open the lid and press that power.

HP Recommended

Disregard prior, I noticed that the Zbook 15 G3 is not supported for the aforementioned dock so I swapped back to the 230W G2 cube dock (PN 3TR87UT#ABA).  That seems to be doing better but still a lid close issue no matter what I've tried.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.