cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_42
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Zbook 15 G4 with Thunderbolt Dock G2 - Network not recognized through dock's Ethernet connection

HP Recommended
Zbook 15 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have three Zbook 15 G4 units that were originally purchased with the smaller docks that were under-powered for the requirements we had.  We went back and purchased the HP TB Dock G2 units.  Due to some software troubleshooting efforts by one of our technicians, I had to re-image one of the laptops.

During the  re-imaging process, I had the laptop docked to the G2 dock and the Ethernet cable was connected to the dock.  The entire OS load completed successfully and it joined the laptop to our domain, but once I logged on, I had to update drivers for a couple of devices that showed warnings in Device Manager.  Now there is one "Base System Device" (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15D2&SUBSYS_11112222&REV_02\6&1A12691&0&000000E4) remaining that will not install. 

Interestingly, the Ethernet Connection in the G2 Dock is no longer working.  It is listed as Ethernet 2, Network, Realtek USB GbE Family Controller and it recognizes that the cable is being plugged and unplugged, but it is not pulling an IP from DHCP or recognizing the domain name.  If I swap the Ethernet cable over to the laptop's onboard Intel-based Enternet Connector, it pulls and IP and can see the network.

I have an engineer who needs this laptop soon so I would appreciate any assistance in resolving the issue.

Steve

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation