Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
zbook 15 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Forum Viewers,

This post is regarding an issue with the HP  lt 4211gobi 4g wwan module and the sim card in a zbook 15 g2. The wwan module is detected and is displayed in the networks to connect to window. After inserting a sim card the wwan module will disappear from the device manager list of network adapters. The wwan will reappear sometimes the disappear intermittently. When the sim card is removed the wwan module is displayed again in the device manager and the lit of wires networks. I have updated the bios to the most . installed the hp drivers on the zbook 15 g2 website updated with windows update removed and reinstalled the  module and the same issue continues.

Jacob Eli Goodson

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JacobEliGoodson 

Please ask your SIM provider: do they support  HP lt 4211gobi 4g wwan module ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Viewers,

The wwan card is accepted. I noticed if I insert the sim card quickly after restarting when the wwan is recognized the apn settings are displayed the wwan module is in off mode and if I turn on the wwan connection the wwan module disappears from the device manager. If I insert the sim card a few minutes after the device is restarted the sim card is not detected and the wwan module disappears from the device manager.

Jacob Eli Goodson

HP Recommended

update the bios and see if that helps... i do not see a f/w update for the lt4111 card (there is an update for the lt4112), so i would make sure the BIOS and drivers are up to date

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Viewers,

There is no firmware bios or software update that is not the most recent on the zbook 15 g2 website. 

Jacob Eli Goodson

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.