Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook 17 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

Recently I have bought this machine Zbook g5 http://www8.hp.com/il/en/products/workstations/product-detail.html?oid=22438296#!tab=specs

It came with 512 GB nvme ssd, and I upgraded it by adding 2 ssd's m.2 by 1TB each.

The problem is it can see only one at a time. I have tried all the combinations to be sure it is not a hardware issue, as moving each of the m.2 ssd to both slots and they can be seen in bios and windows,  but when I plug both, it can see only one in slot number 2.

Can you please help me figure it out why?

Thank you 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello

are they the same SSD model ?

are the two 1TB SSD sata or Nvme ?

could you check in the BIOS if the RAID function is enabled or disabled ?

are they branded HP (despite they may be Samsung or Toshiba or something else) ?

are SSD brand new or already used beforer in other computers ?

More information you provide, higher could be the possibility that somebody gives suggestions.

Bye

Bye

HP Recommended

are they the same SSD model ?

- Yes, they are the same model

are the two 1TB SSD sata or Nvme ?

-yes, both are 1TB 860 EVO M.2 SATA SSD 1TB SATA III

could you check in the BIOS if the RAID function is enabled or disabled ?

- Raid is disabled, as well intel optane option

are they branded HP (despite they may be Samsung or Toshiba or something else) ?

-both are 1TB 860 EVO M.2 SATA SSD 1TB SATA III - same model and capacity

are SSD brand new or already used beforer in other computers ?

- they are brand new, bought for this PC

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello

using WINPE , (boot from a Windows 10 Installetion USB key ,  at least for Windows 10  1709 , when you get the "install" windows ,press shift+F10 to open a CMD promt.

Then execute Diskpart.

in diskpart prompt, execute LIST DISK

check how many disk are listed.

remove 512GB NVME and install in Slot 0 one 1TB M.2 SATA, the second in another slot and leave 512 out of the unit.

reboot, check again with diskpart, list disk ,  how many disk are listed.

if they are two, reinstall 512GB NMVe in the free slot,

reboot, check again, with list disk, how many disk are listed.

if you find a comnitaion , moving the 512NMVE from slot 0 to 1 or 2, let us know.

bye

HP Recommended

Hi,

the problem s that the second even can't be seen in bios!

i will try the one you told me, but tommorow, because i left it at the office and will report.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

sorry i wasn't active, but i was on a travel with no internet.

So it doesnt work like that. I think there is a limit on the m.2 ssd's. I think these days will buy 1tb nvme ssd and will report too.

ZThanks

HP Recommended

HEllo

here  "Z B Y H P F A M I L Y Q U I C K REFERENCE GUIDE "

you can find some reference. I know that you may order the Zbook 17 G5 from the factory with 1x 512GB NVMe + 2x1TB NVMe but HP deosn't have 1TB SATA SSD in their offering,  max 512GB SATA SSD.

BYe

HP Recommended

Hi same here

Ive got HP ZBook 15 G5 (2ZC42EA#ACB)

and also not able to connect SSD to m.2 512Gb to small SSD port

Ive got two  NVME SSD instaled  they working fine + SSD 2.5 in the bay and no problem.

But when connect to M2 port system (Windows and BIOS) doesnt see it. If i connect same M2 to NVME slot it works good. Looks like Zbook doesnt support M2 SSD to this slot? but i havent found info about that. Bios is latest as well as windows 10 is updated to the latest

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.