Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_Real_Person
2 0 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Zbook 17 G5

HP Recommended

Does any know the release date of the new Zbook 17 G5. I've been waiting on it come out and I just want to know if it will be soon, if not I  will be force to look elsewhere. 

Thanks,

A_Real_Person  

5 REPLIES 5
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,596 42,899 7,331 13,079
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP does not share product release information with the public in advance other than news releases. We have no idea and no way to know other than that. 

This article says May, 2018 which is now:

http://www.storagereview.com/hp_unveils_5th_gen_zbook_mobile_workstations

I would give it another 10-12 days. There is nothing like these in the market. 

Thinkpad P71 is competitive with the HP 4th gen...7th gen Intel not 8th gen like the HP G5. Worth the wait I predict. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Eclipse2017
Level 3
44 40 1 12
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As we're on the topic of the Zbook 17 G5, any idea on whether the touch screen variant will support an active pen? The news release did mention touch or pen input, but sometimes this doesn't pan-out with release. 

Anyway, I'm very impressed with this re-design by HP (coming from Dell Precision 6800 and Lenovo P51 here). Will order as soon as it is released. 

Engineer18
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Has there been any indication of when HP plans to release the G5? Everyone references May 2018 and its now approaching mid-June. Really excited about this release but unsure if I can continue to wait.
Eclipse2017
Level 3
44 40 1 12
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a post on reddit where the poster spoke to HP on the phone: if the information is correct, the tentative release date is June 27. I hope it's sooner as I suspect HP's G5 page is getting really tired of seeing my IP address. :Glasses:

Eclipse2017
Level 3
44 40 1 12
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Zbooks G5 available for preorder on BHPhotoVideo.com now. They don't have the full specifications for each model up yet, though.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation