Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 4 (436 Views)

Zbook G3 & WLAN switching

Product Name: Zbook 15 G3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Has anyone got LAN/WLAN switching to work with Zbook G3? I know it doesn't work with the thunderbolt dock.

There is a setting for it in BIOS so it should work then the network cable is connected directly to to the computer.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 4 (404 Views)

Re: Zbook G3 & WLAN switching

you are correct. the lan/wlan bios switch setting is designed (window s7 only) to recognize when a network cable is inserted or removed from the ethernet jack and disable or enable the wireless antennas automatically. unfortunately, the bios is not aware - thru the TB dock usb-c connection - when ethernet is available on the dock. there are no usb-c/tb code in the bios to support that feature

as fyi, this feature no longer works with windows 10 as the bios is not allowed to manipulate h/w devices - e.g. antennas. only windows can manage that

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.
Grad Student
Message 3 of 4 (386 Views)

Basically the LAN/WAN switch should be enabled in F10 Setup. Windows 7 requires to install HP Hotkey software.

• Windows 10 + ZBook G3 : No problem with BIOS setting
  • Windows 10 + ZBook G3 + ZBook Thunderbolt Dock:  No problem with BIOS setting
  • Windows 7 + ZBook G3: No problem with  BIOS setting +  HP Hotkey software
  • Windows 7  + ZBook G3 + ZBook Thunderbolt Dock: Will not work due to Windows 7 OS limitation.

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.

Intern
Message 4 of 4 (305 Views)

We need this to work on Windows 7.

WLAN switching does work for all previous Zbook models so it cannot be a limitation in Windows 7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation