03-20-2017 09:04 AM
Has anyone got LAN/WLAN switching to work with Zbook G3? I know it doesn't work with the thunderbolt dock.
There is a setting for it in BIOS so it should work then the network cable is connected directly to to the computer.
03-21-2017 10:05 AM
you are correct. the lan/wlan bios switch setting is designed (window s7 only) to recognize when a network cable is inserted or removed from the ethernet jack and disable or enable the wireless antennas automatically. unfortunately, the bios is not aware - thru the TB dock usb-c connection - when ethernet is available on the dock. there are no usb-c/tb code in the bios to support that feature
as fyi, this feature no longer works with windows 10 as the bios is not allowed to manipulate h/w devices - e.g. antennas. only windows can manage that
03-22-2017 07:42 AM
Basically the LAN/WAN switch should be enabled in F10 Setup. Windows 7 requires to install HP Hotkey software.
- Windows 10 + ZBook G3 : No problem with BIOS setting
- Windows 10 + ZBook G3 + ZBook Thunderbolt Dock: No problem with BIOS setting
- Windows 7 + ZBook G3: No problem with BIOS setting + HP Hotkey software
- Windows 7 + ZBook G3 + ZBook Thunderbolt Dock: Will not work due to Windows 7 OS limitation.
I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- Information About Support for Windows 7 or Windows 10 on 2016-2017 Business PCs
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data