Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 17 G3 and HP Thunderbolt 3Dock
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have same issue as mentioned in the post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Zbook-G3-with-Thunderbolt-dock-freezes-at-quot-Plea....

My laptop freezes at the "Please Wait" screen if it is booted docked. I have to power it off, undock, and power it up again. It then boots to Windows with no issue and I can reconnect the dock. I'll have the same issue with every reboot.

I'm on Windows 10 version 1803 (64 bit).

I've updated all the firmware, the Zbook BIOS, and everything else recommended. Actually, I've updated it all through a few versions since I've had the laptop and dock. 

Has anyone seen this? Is there a diagnostic startup or a way to log what is happening when it hangs?

All drivers are already updated according to HP SoftPaq Download Manager.

Thunderbolt Controller driver version: 17.4.75.8

Thunderbolt controller information:

- NVM Firmware Version 27.00.

- Thunderbolt generation: Thunderbold 3 (1577)

- Security Level: No security (SL0)

- External GPU supported: No

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The issue does not appear anymore after have updated BIOS to version 4.0.25.1 REV: A PASS: 1.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my Zbook 17 G3 runing Windows 10 64bit (1703)

All drivers are already updated according to HP SoftPaq Download Manager.

Thunderbolt Controller driver version: 17.4.77.13

Thunderbolt controller information:

- NVM Firmware Version 27.00.

- Thunderbolt generation: Thunderbold 3 (1577)

- Security Level: No security (SL0)

- External GPU supported: No

HP Recommended

Hi,

To update the Thunderbolt Zbook 17 G3 controller firmware to version 27.1.3.0.2.

I am looking for SP91420.   How can we get SP91420.exe ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

On the official HP ZBook Driver Download page I see only version 27.1.3.0.1 (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-zbook-17-g3-mobile-workstation/8693765...).

What's new in the version 27.1.3.0.2 and where have you get this version from?

HP Recommended

The issue does not appear anymore after have updated BIOS to version 4.0.25.1 REV: A PASS: 1.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.