Tondaa
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Zbook Power G7 awful screen color improvement

HP Recommended
Zbook Power G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I just received brand new HP Zbook power G7 notebook, seems solid workstation notebook, nice build, performance, feel... only thing that baffles me is the low quality of the display. I have the configuration with supposedly 45%NTFC, so no big expectations, but even with that, the display is terrible. Especially the red and magenta color representation - washed out colors, no deep reds, everything with slight orange/yellow tint. Sadly even my 9 years notebook with TN display has better colors...

Is there a way how to boost the red spectrum?

Colleague of mine has the same model and same problem... so I guess it is no driver issue, or simple - the screen is so bad, there is nowhere to squeez a bit of saturation from?

I have tried without succes so far: update all the drivers, bios etc... even try some older versions

color management - sRGB... several other templates, even custom ones

various win10 (MS graphics) color management utilities

1 REPLY 1
bananacy
Level 3
25 14 2 5
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah that screen is not good. Your best bet is to calibrate it using a device like the Spyder (which i use) or other brands. It will then look the best it can.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation