terps2002 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Zbook Studio G3 - Only power button wakes laptop after sleep

HP ZBook Studio G3 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a brand new HP Zbook Studio G3, I cannot for the life of figure out how to wake the laptop after sleep without using the power button.  If hook any external mouse ot keyboard it will not wake the machine.  I tried a fresh windows install, powercfg in CMD, and device manager and try to select "Allow this device to wake the computer" the option is grayed out.  The laptops own keyboard is unable to wake the machine from sleep either.  

This issue is driving me nuts, I prefre to wiggle the mouse or use a external keyboard to wake the machin.  if I continually have to use the power button it will eventually wear out. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES
Intern
Intern
58 1 7
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

If I got the model correct, I found the manuels with all the information including sleep.

KenW
0 Kudos
Highlighted
terps2002 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

I flipped thorugh the manuals, according to the manual it's suppose to be a bios setting, however it does not exists.  I have the latest bios version.  Do you see "Wake on USB" in your bios?  HP needs to step in here and figure this out, this is basic functionality.  I was on a support chat for 2 hours trying to troubleshoot this. I took screenshots and posted them below for proof:

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGIMG_3294.jpgIMG_3292.jpgIMG_3293.jpg

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation