Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook thunderbolt 3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All  I'm looking for support with the thunderbolt 3 docking station compatability to spectre 15" 2019 9th generation.

I initially did get an external screen to show via the dock after first downloading the docking driver from the hp website.  I then shut down and tried a week later.  Now the spectre won't recognise the Dock.  Trying to reinstall the driver but the spectre gets stuck at the pre requisite stage.

I know there are compatability issues but if it's worked once I'm sure it can work again.  I ha e the 200w Dock and paid extra for the single thunderbolt single connection to the laptop from the Dock lead. 

Any help would be appreciated as I've spent around £150.  Ideally I would like a complete hp set up hence buying the dock

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Sol0 

I don't know what EXACTLY is your " spectre 15" 2019 9th generation." the be able to find its specs BUT I know for sure Spectre machine are NOT in the compatible list

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04959218#AbT3

HP has the following product for many consumers machines

https://h20386.www2.hp.com/AustraliaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2SR85AA&opt=&sel=ACC

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi banhein

Your right that the zbook 200w Thunderbolt 3 is not compatible with HP Spectre 15" laptop.  I knew that when I purchased the Dock.  What I can't understand is that it is a docking station and should just be plug and play.  You can buy other non hp docking stations and they will work fine with hp spectre laptop.  So why would hp build a docking station that does not work with all hp range of laptops.  I know other people on this forum have got this docking station to work with a hp spectre laptop.

Also, as stated earlier initially it did connect and the docking station was actually getting warm.  But now it just will not switch on.  I am minded to just sell it and cut my losses. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.