Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aerostrato
Level 3
37 23 5 3
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Zbook stops booting at the Windows logo; I have to close and restart to get the startup

HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

since May 6th, 2020, I'm experiencing an issue when starting up my PC.

It stops responding (no LED blinking or progress in the process of startup) at the logo of Windows 10 and in order to get a full startup I have every time to shut off my PC and starting it up again.

During the second startup, I've found that 2 or  4 short blinks of the CAPS LOCK and BLOC NUM occur.

No result from my dep search on the web and in the HP community.

I tried to make the Hard Reset (by pressing for more than twelve second the Power On Button) and to uninstall its death battery with no result.

More details may help are: I've updated from HP Softpaq downloader the Intel, NVIDIA and Realtek Audio drivers (Intel Video Driver and Control Panel 20.19.15.5107 W 8 Routine, NVIDIA Video Drivers and Control Panel  456.50 F 16, Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.8882.1 REV: A)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aerostrato
Author
Level 3
37 23 5 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After a deep, long search and the evaluation of all of the options available, I started to try to disable the "Fast Boot" in Power Options of the Control Panel.

That seems to be the fix; no problem when starting up my Zbook 15 G2 now 😄   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
aerostrato
Author
Level 3
37 23 5 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After a deep, long search and the evaluation of all of the options available, I started to try to disable the "Fast Boot" in Power Options of the Control Panel.

That seems to be the fix; no problem when starting up my Zbook 15 G2 now 😄   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation