cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nilands55s
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

after looking in BIOS users my win7 passwords will not work (only remember BIOS admin Password)

HP Recommended
ProBook 440 G1 F2P45UT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So I was wondering if there was anything in the BIOS that would Affect bluetooth and/or fingerprint reader

Entering BIOS Admin Password worked and found settings as expected

Then I wanted to look at BIOS users (like PC Name/james) 1 of 2 not counting BIOS Admin, but I got the user password wrong, shortly I was given an F7 option to use the BIOS admin Password and this let me take a peak and I made no changes and selected ignore changes and exit

Now I have a Problem

Neither win7 user passwords work anymore and I have an option now to use some boot device to change the passwords

It was not my intent to do anything with passwords but it seems using the /f7 option invalidated my win7 login passwords

I have been searching the internet but I can seem to get a clue what is going on or how this BIOS thing affects the win7 login

So I have no Clue how to undo this Password block?

Perhaps I don't know the right question?

Help me not make this worse?

Note; dual boot Ubuntu/win7 via grub loader, nothing happen to my Ubuntu login

Thanks -James

James Niland
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation