2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

battery charging to 99% and then slowly going to 100%

HP Recommended
HP spectre x360 2018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

I have a problem with my new spectre x360. When I charge the laptop the battery go up until 99% pretty soon, but then it keeps a lort of minutes to go to 100% (around 20 minutes or more). 

How can it be possible?

Is it a problem of calibration?Should I avoid to charge it until 100%?

3 REPLIES 3
Cheyenne4
Level 4
96 88 8 18
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From your description, it seems there is not a problem.

Very slow charging is a common trait of Li-ion batteries when nearing 100%.  In fact, some will never reach a true 100% (as measured with a precision voltmeter).

abarth93
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer!

Therefore the solution is to not charge the battery until 100%? is it harmful for the battery?

0 Kudos
Cheyenne4
Level 4
96 88 8 18
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The solution is to use the device as needed—either connected or separate.  When not in use, device shoud be connected to charger.  The device will display when battery power is low.

Do not be overly concerned with harming the batttery; Smart circuitry technology allows wide latitude of use.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation