Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
spectre X360 13-aw0005nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Sorry to post here, but French Community HP is closed, so ...

I recently bought a HP Spectre X360 13-aw0005nf (model :  7WA45EA#ABF with 4K screen Amoled and i7-1065G7)

Laptop is very good, I like it, but conversely battery is really weak.

Estimated autonomy by HP is 10/11h, but mine doesn't exceeds 5/6h, barely half (and laptop is very hot too)

I would like to know if somebody has the same model and the same issue for battery ?

I open a case, HP told me I can exchange my pc, but I'm afraid even I change, that will be the same ...

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french 🙂

Regards,

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@David275,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is draining quickly, and the computer is overheating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Watching movies, playing graphics-intensive games, decoding the human genome, and keeping your screen on full brightness for a long period of time can all drain your battery quickly and you may get less battery time.

If the overheating issue continues after updating the BIOS then I recommend you contact support and get the unit replaced as it might be a hardware issue.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your support.

Unfortunately, update drivers and bios don't have change anything, battery life doesn't exceed 6:30 hours, and battery is always very hot.

I open a case, I will ask for a change, I just hope I came across a faulty model and the next one will meet expectation.

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

Hi

I am interesting to buy the same model. Is your battery issue is now resolve ? Or do you have always short battery life with 4k screen ?

Thx for your response

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hello, 

My issue battery isn't resolved. 

I ask for a new laptop, but battery is not best than the first one.

Max 6h with average usage and 4k screen.

I didn't test with lower resolution, maybe you can win some minutes, but if you buy a 4k screen, it's too bad if you don't use. 

HP Recommended

@David275
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 4-cell, 60 Wh Li-ion polymer installed on the PC.
To get the answer to this question, Screen resolution makes a lot of difference in overall battery life and processing power consumption. More pixels means more calculations for CPU and GPU. The average laptop battery is good for around 400 recharges cycles. After that, it starts to lose its capacity to hold a charge. This is about one and a half to three years of battery life for the average user. As the rechargeable battery begins to fail, the running time of the battery begins to decline.

Learn how to get the most service and life from your HP notebook battery by following these industry-wide suggested best practices.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 ( refer to Battery care practices ) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Just to let you now, I own a 15 inch (HP Spectre x360 15-df1550nd) and can tell that battery life is also very, very low. I also send the unit back, but the new one has the same problem. Very dissapointing, hardly usable this way as an laptop. In OLED dark mode will save quite some battery power, but that doesn't do the job here...

HP Recommended

I have the Spectre X360 13.  My battery life runs about 4.5 to 6 hours.  It performed the same even when we reduced the screen display to 1080.   I do no gaming, no video streaming on battery, just routine MS "Edge" activities, email, MS Word docs, etc.  Last night, after I turned the machine "off" and unplugged the power cord, which had been plugged into a regular wall socket, the battery drained 18% by morning.  Machine is brand new.  Need to know if this is happening with the new computers as it had been reported a couple years back? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.