Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
elitebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

please help me with bios password reset for hp 2760p....

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@proske

Contact HP and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

Contact Support >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.

Or download these files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zu4kdgxm052l87d/AAAMi-kfX4AVH8oTCbsOM4X9a?dl=0

Insert clean USB flash drive.

Then run USB Image tool.

Choose the flash drive then click on RESTORE.

After restore remove flash drive.

Insert flash drive into locked laptop and boot. ”If HDD is installed remove before booting.”

At C:\OUTPUT   type CD..   “Then hit enter”

Type HPBR   “Then hit enter”

First thing is to save your settings.

Select #3 re-program.

Press “S” to save system information.

Type HPBR and hit enter.

Since your model is not listed select “SHOTGUN.”

After reboot repeat “SHOTGUN” a second time.

If you cannot boot from USB flash drive use the Image tool to build a HDD.

Then use the drive to boot the program on the locked laptop.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

Ahhh, my pc is out of waranty....its inposible for me to contact support....is there some email adrese or something...no 24/7 agent in Serbia...

i want to try your solution but i have ssd disc....

HP Recommended

Hi all

I have the same problem with elitebook-2760p . i mean : i chose a administrator BIOS password for my laptop about 6 months ago , but after a few months that i didn't use my laptop , i forgot that password , and my laptop do nothing without that password ( no boot and no going to BIOS's settings change ) . i mean it is totally locked 😞

i called the service center of HP for getting that SMC.bin file for clearing the password and they replied me my laptop's gaurantee time was expired and they do nothing for me 😞

is there and other way for clearing that password ?

if i disconnect the RTC Battery of laptop , is that password cleared ( like the old desktop computers ) ?

i will be glad if anyone provide me any way for clearing that password .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.