Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 430 G6 5PP58EA#BCM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

my 13" notebook has Home/End/PgUp/PgDown combined with arrow keys, so I must use FN key frequently for text editing. This works fine. I often lost focus and HP system info app is launched. Combination FN+ESC do this, but I haven't use this combination.

I have observed BAD BEHAVIOR.. separate FN key press is registered for minutes (it can happened accidentaly or after holding FN for other functions), and then ... after minute ... I hit ESC (or brightnes/sound HP key) and the FN+ESC (FN+brightness/sound) is activated. I think simple FN keypress should be forgotten in second and shouldn't be hold for minutes.

Do you have the same trouble? It can be BIOS bug 😞

keyboard version: 51.27.00

BIOS: R71 ver 01.10.00 - 01/03/2020

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

read the user guide at link http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06200926

at page 14 you can read:

The action key feature is enabled at the factory. You can disable this feature by pressing and holding the fn key and the left shift key. The fn lock light will turn on. After you have disabled the action key feature, you can still perform each function by pressing the fn key in combination with the appropriate action key.

so probably what you see it's the standard behaviour and you need to Disable "action key" by pressing and holding the fn key and the left shift key.

bye

HP Recommended

sorry, this is not "common" FN LOCK trouble .. I know how FN lock works well. And described trouble appears in both FN lock ON/OFF states, of course during Fn Lock off holds FN for standard F keys.

Manual says: ... pressing the fn key in combination with the appropriate action key.

but in real it works independently - FN key press (and release), wait for seconds or minutes, "action key" key press ... and action starts !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.