cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
saarb737
Level 2
22 12 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

can i charge my envy (ENVY 13-ah0002nj) with type c?

HP Recommended
ENVY 13-ah0002nj
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i saw that hp sales type c chargers, so i wonder.. my envy has a type c with a lighting sign near it.. i guess its onlt as an OUTPUT rather then INPUT so the answer must be no, but i still wanna be sure, can i charge my envy vie type c? and if so, which exact one? (from the original chargers)?

11 REPLIES 11
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
100,905 39,940 13,100 27,452
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@saarb737 

It specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06090138

It has   1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge) port. Yes, this port supports charge thru USB-C.  They following product could be the right one

https://www.coywood.co.uk/hp-envy-13-ah0000-usb-c-charger-69691-p.asp

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
saarb737
Author
Level 2
22 12 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i meant if i can charge the laptop using that port, not a phone or so, +if i can do it, why it has a dedicated charging port on the other side?

banhien
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@saarb737 

Did you read my reply ? That charger is for computer, not phones.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
saarb737
Author
Level 2
22 12 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If so, why does the computer has a dedicated  hp charger port on the other side?

banhien
Level 20
Level 20
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@saarb737 

It is the USB-C port on the left hand side, next to the microSD card reader.

Regards.

BH

>
saarb737
Author
Level 2
22 12 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But on the right side there is a dedicated charger port. A unique hp port. So why put a c type charging port as well?

banhien
Level 20
Level 20
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@saarb737 wrote:

But on the right side there is a dedicated charger port. A unique hp port. So why put a c type charging port as well?

@saarb737 

You have 2 questions

1. Can you use USB-C to charge your machine, my answer is yes and you can use charger from the link.

2. Can you use USB-C and USB-A to transfer files/data, my answer is yes, you can use both of them.

I know your machine has normal (round) charging port on the right. You have to make your decision: do you prefer to charge your machine using USB-C OR normal round port.  If you preferred to use the round port, why did you ask for an USB-C charger ???

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH

>
saarb737
Author
Level 2
22 12 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Of course i prefer to use the type c. But why hp made 2 ports then? Isnt it weird and making questions? 

banhien
Level 20
Level 20
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@saarb737 wrote:

Of course i prefer to use the type c. But why hp made 2 ports then? Isnt it weird and making questions? 

@saarb737 

Why you house has power source everywhere ? The USB-C port can be  used for many tasks including for charging the machine. It is up to you because you asked and I answered.

>>> Isnt it weird and making questions? 

I did not say that. I only ask you why. If I was you, I would NOT spend money to buy another charger and use USB-C port for other things.

Regards.

BH

>
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation