Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy 13
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)
can mounted micro-sd card at all time in hp envy13?
can it demage simething?
i have an extra 32GB micro SD from phone. i would like to use it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kyawkhaingwin

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I'd like to reiterate that you have nothing to worry about as it will not damage your Envy 13,

And It will not damage the slot or anything else that you are worried about.

Please don't worry about it,

And remember, If you have any other questions, just ask!

We are here to help.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@kyawkhaingwin

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand you want to know if it's safe to have the Micro-SD mounted at all times,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that Micro SD card or flash memory in general has a limited write cycle?

That said, leaving it inside your computer (always connected) shouldn't make any difference, because here's how it works, Usually this is in the order of 100,000 write cycles today and SD cards include circuitry to manage wear-leveling, that is, spread out writes over the storage media evenly to avoid "hot spots"—pages that are written too frequently and therefore failing early.

Information stored on the card is safe even in magnetic fields because the information is not stored magnetically (contrary to hard drives or floppy disks).

As for storing it inside your computer at all times, just remember as long as you don't do the below, you are good to go:

• you shouldn't store them in mud, water, lava or other harmful conditions.
  • You probably also shouldn't put them on railways and let trains drive over them.

Jokes apart, In practice it doesn't physically damage the card and won't harm the data on it.

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks Decipher
actually i am worrying for my envy13
may i completed my question as follow
'by mounting micro sd card in my envy13, can it damage my envy 13 ( slot or something) ?'

thanks
HP Recommended

@kyawkhaingwin

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I'd like to reiterate that you have nothing to worry about as it will not damage your Envy 13,

And It will not damage the slot or anything else that you are worried about.

Please don't worry about it,

And remember, If you have any other questions, just ask!

We are here to help.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.