Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
DC charger

How do I change the fuse in a DC charger?

P/N 613858-001

Series: HSTNN-AA07

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks, not exactly the same but gave me some alternate thoughts.

This HP design has solid connections to the fuse, but changing the fuse is cumbersome.

To disengage the nose cone, press in the little tabs on the side or insert slender needle nose or screwdrivers into the end slots.  This is to release internal stops for the nose piece.

Then remove the screw to access the internals.

The PS can draw up to 11 amps, but the fuse is rated at 10....?

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

IMG_2794.JPG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Merricke welcome to HP forum

kindly find the below link,

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-there-a-fuse-built-into-thi...

This might help you in resolving your problem.

I hope this may helps you.

Best Regards,
Dark_Panther.
I am an HP Employee.
Note: Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.:smileyhappy:
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the quick response, however, I have a different problem.

I want to change the fuse in DC power plug and don't see how it comes apart.

IMG_2791 (Small).JPG

HP Recommended

Hi,

please find the below link from you tube,

https://youtu.be/uuT4JURXKM0

This might help you with replacing the fuse and Insert a fuse rated identically to the old fuse. For example, replace a 10 amp fuse only with a 10 amp fuse.

Warning 

Do not replace fuses that are rated lower or higher than the posted fuse type on the DC adaptor. Installing a different fuse can damage or ruin electronic equipment as well as cause overheating and risk of fire.

If you do feel confident to work on a power supply, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Best Regards,
Dark_Panther.
I am an HP Employee.
Note: Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.:smileyhappy:
This short video is to show how to access the fuse compartment of a Garmin Nuvi car charger cable.
HP Recommended

Thanks, not exactly the same but gave me some alternate thoughts.

This HP design has solid connections to the fuse, but changing the fuse is cumbersome.

To disengage the nose cone, press in the little tabs on the side or insert slender needle nose or screwdrivers into the end slots.  This is to release internal stops for the nose piece.

Then remove the screw to access the internals.

The PS can draw up to 11 amps, but the fuse is rated at 10....?

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

IMG_2794.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.