5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

forced hybernate because of critical temperature

HP Recommended
ZBook G5 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After the last BIOS update, my laptop enters forced hybernate mode more than twice a day, with sometime no CPU load at all.

It didn't happen before.

Image1.png

This last forced BIOS update is the **bleep**tiest one I had ever seen. 

For a professionnal laptop at more than 4k, it only worked fine for 45 days.

Now it regularely shutdowns and my thunderbolt controller is not working anymore.

(https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Studio-G5-HP-Thunderbolt-Dock-G2/td-p/6943585/pa...)

Thanks HP ...

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,960 31,665 2,905 10,630
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mad_Dev 

I paid upwards of what you invested for my own G3 (Zbook 17) three years ago - you are right to expect the machine to work as expected.

Have you contacted Hp Technical Support??  In my experience, the business class support is very good.

Reminders

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).

• Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.  In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.

• HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.

• If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided:  Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.  

• HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support - Regions

USA / Canada

Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal

1. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Option - HP Support is on Facebook!

HP on Facebook

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For those reading:

First, check Windows Updates - run any Updates > Restart the computer and log in.

The BIOS can be updated manually using the executable in the Software and Driver category > BIOS 

At this writing:

HP Firmware Pack (Q70)

OR

Use the Softpaq Download Manager to manage / update your workstation's software and drivers.

NOTE:  If the SDM finds "other" Updates along with the  BIOS Update, consider installing the other updates first and then the BIOS update by itself.  This action / separation of the updates is not "necessary" - SDM knows how to manage both regular and BIOS updates, even when the BIOS update is buried in the list of standard software updates.  The "first this and then that" MIGHT, in some instances, provide a more stable platform on which to load the new BIOS.  (NOTE:  This is nothing more than my own opinion on the subject.)

Driver Management for Business class computers (SDM)

Business Systems - Client Management Solutions (software management)

Softpaq Download Manager - HP Software installations / updates / management

Business class computers support a robust, comprehensive software tool for updating and

managing HP Software and Drivers:  Softpaq Download Manager (SDM)

SDM will find-install-update needed HP software and drivers for your business class machine, including, when applicable, the fussy BIOS update.

HP SoftPaq Download Manager (SDM)

sp87158

04/20/2018

Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)

sp87158.exe

sp87158.html

How-to and Instructions:

HP Notebook PCs - Using HP SoftPaq Download Manager

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In my opinion:

Business class warranty service is certainly the place to start with issues on your new workstation.

If you have trouble opening a case with HP, let us know.  We have a limited means of forwarding a request for you.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation