5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

hp laptop Spectre x360 touchpad Not clicking or scrolling on windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: Hp Spectre x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I purchased this laptop around 1 Year  ago and really enjoy using it. . today the cursor froze completely. not Working Right & left clik.

when turn on the laptop or restart the cursor appears on the screen. when I try to move the cursor using the touch pad it does not respond. when i touch the screen, the cursor disappears and never returns no matter what I do.

Click the TouchPad Settings and the Click Reset Device tab then Mouse pad Should Working fine but Every morning same Problem Occure again Then I Reset Device Tab again.

I can navigate using the touch screen but my natural instinct is to use the touchpad so I waste lots of time instinctively going to the touchpad and then having to redo the action on the touch screen.

I updated the Synaptics touchpad driver (tip from a related string on the forum)

Please help

Thanks

Maqbool Ahmad

5 REPLIES 5
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,591
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @hp4530srecove

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the touchpad is not working correctly on your computer.

Don’t worry, I’d love to help!

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score.  

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When you the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to uninstall the touchpad driver and download and install it from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

hp4530srecove
Author
Level 1
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you the last time the computer was working fine?

01- Almost one Month Before  Touch pad Working is  Fine.

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

02-No change any Software or hard Ware on the Computer.

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

03-Yes. Just Update Touch pad Drivers almost one Week before

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,591
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @hp4530srecove

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you to uninstall the touchpad driver and download and install it from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
EJRizzi
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've the same problem, but I can't see the target of the http://hp.care/2nikIQ9. Could I have a new link?

0 Kudos
kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 324 972
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation