Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a hp pavilion 360 come on for a while and power down and on I

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@benzs

Welcome to HP support community.

Have you tried to check if the issue happens in the Bios screen? If so then it's a hardware failure.

If the computer stays fine on the Bios then this could be an issue with software or driver related. 

Let's start off by updating the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or you can also try to download it using HP Support Assistant.

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If not, here's what you need to do:

I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
  • In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
  • Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to automatically restart, and then click OK.
  • Restart the computer to apply the change.
  • The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs.

For more details: click here

Alternatively, you can go through this link which should be helpful: HP PCs - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.