1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp zbook 15 g2 hotkey issue

zbook 15 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone.

I wanted to buy a HP business class notebook after using other brands for a while. I bought this zbook 15 g2 second hand as my first ever HP notebook. I can say I'm impressed in general, but some small problems just disappointed me. 

First of all, I have this hotkey problem. Brightness keys and microphone disable key didn't work before. I did lots of research and found a few drivers. I tried them all and managed to get brightness key work, but not properly. They work but adjust 1 level of brightness in every 3 seconds. You can't keep increase the brightness, you have to wait 3 seconds for every step. I tried keep pressing the button, or pressing so many times, or leaving the Fn key and pressing again but they won't work. Brightness can be changed in 3 seconds and this is extremely frustrating. Imagine waiting 15 seconds to adjust your brightness. 

Also, I never managed to get microphone disable key work. I never had this kind of issue with any other business class notebook. I still cannot believe how comes that HP doesn't make it easy to use a hotkey that they put on their keyboard. Drivers are useless, and I don't know what to do. 

Also trackpoint is really really bad after using lenovo. This might be a hardware problem since I bought a second hand laptop, but when I try to use trackpoint it tries to move itself. Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes it just jumps to one direction and stops. Or sometimes it just keep going to the left slowly. I tried to clean around the button but it didn't work. 

And middle touchpad button doesn't have much option. I was hoping I can set that button similar to lenovo, but it works as middle click and trackpoint makes scrolling really hard since it's really confused most of the time.

I really liked this laptop in general, but I don't want to invest money and time on a newer model if I can't find a working driver for this laptop.  I hope someone can help me solving these problems. Thank you in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation