Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp Zbook 17
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hey there people looking for a little help with a Zbook 17 (2014) I just picked up its running intel i5 8 gb ram 500gb hdd it will not turn on  when connecting the power cable i'm using a  dell 10 amp power supply until the hp one turns up all I get is the light next to the plug is on the power button light flashes the caps lock button flashes the power light on the front flashes and the battery light flashes yellow

i'v tried the normal things like remove one part at a time like the hdd the ram etc still the same flashing also the hard reset holding the power button down did nothing

any other ideas would be great

the dell power supply I tried looks the same size (its a big supply) as the hp oem one I ordered only difference is the hp is 11.8A and the dell is 10.8A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i have fixed the issue once I used the correct hp charger it works perfect 👍🏼

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

the flashes are fast and do not pause they flash continuously for hours 

HP Recommended

Hi

Well a 2014 bios is perhaps this list....

BIOS Flashing light error codes for Computers released between 2011 and January 2015.

On some computers, the motherboard can flash or change the colour of lights on the outside of the case, such as the power button LED and the hard drive activity LED. For computers that support this technology, lights blink and provide a beep to indicate a failure condition.

LED and BEEP condition

Description

Corrective action

Power button LED blinks 5 times with 5 beeps

Memory

Reseat memory DIMM modules. If the problem is not resolved, contact support to resolve a possible RAM or Main-Board failure.

Power button LED blinks 6 times with 6 beeps

Video Card or Graphics

Reset the graphics card (if applicable). If the problem is not resolved, remove other accessory cards, and replace the graphics card or Main-Board.

Power button LED blinks 7 times with 7 beeps

Motherboard/

Main-Board failure

Contact support for possible Main-Board replacement.

Power button LED blinks 8 times with 8 beeps

BIOS/CMOS

(ROM) problem,

Perform BIOS recovery with external media (USB/CD-ROM).

Example of LED conditions: click a menu item to view the condition

The following table describes the LED blink codes or beep codes during startup.

Caps/Num Lock LED

Component.

Error condition

Corrective action

LED blinks once.

CPU

CPU not functional

1. Re-seat the processor. NB:- See the Services Media Library for steps for your PC.

2. Replace the processor. NB:- See the Services Media Library for steps for your PC.

3. If the CPU still does not function properly, replace the Main-Board.

LED blinks twice.

BIOS

BIOS corruption failure.

Reset the CMOS:

1. Restore BIOS if available. (If you can access the CMOS battery, pull it out and re-seat it.)

NB:- See the Services Media Library for steps for your PC.
2. Press the Windows + B keys to do a BIOS recovery.
If the error persists, replace the Main-Board.

LED blinks 3 times

Memory

RAM Module failure.

1. Reseat the memory. NB:- See the Services Media Library for steps for your PC.

2. Check each individual memory module and swap slots.

3. Replace the memory modules causing three blinks or if the blinks follow the slots.

4. Replace the Main-Board.

LED blinks 4 times

Graphics

Graphics controller failure.

Test the Main-Board with the minimum hardware & reseat all connections and graphics cards.

If the issue persists, send out Main-Board and if applicable graphics card for Mobile Workstations.

LED blinks 5 times

Main-Board

General Main-Board failure.

Test the Main-Board with the minimum hardware and reseat all the connections.

If the error persists, replace the Main-Board.

LED blinks 6 times

BIOS

BIOS authentication failure.

Restore BIOS if available.

Press the Windows

+ B keys to do a BIOS recovery or replace the Main-Board.

HP Recommended

i have fixed the issue once I used the correct hp charger it works perfect 👍🏼

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.