Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp probook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

yesterday i bought 

HP ProBook 450 G4 Notebook PC

when i used the hp official site  to check the product number 

this message appeared

" Covered under Manufacturer warranty, 11 months remaining "

what is that meaning?

is that meaning that the product used befor?

should i return it or replace it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The original warranty date is based on assumptions as to when the laptop will be sold at retail. If it sits on the shelf a little longer the warranty date will be off. From HP Support Assistant you can send a message to challenge the warranty date and provide proof of the actual date of purchase. You get 1 year from retail delivery. The laptop is new. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The original warranty date is based on assumptions as to when the laptop will be sold at retail. If it sits on the shelf a little longer the warranty date will be off. From HP Support Assistant you can send a message to challenge the warranty date and provide proof of the actual date of purchase. You get 1 year from retail delivery. The laptop is new. 

HP Recommended

How can i get the  HP Care Pack serial number please or how to find it?they ask it for registration

product number is not enough to activate warranty?

when i tried to dispute warranty information i did not find dispute this 

just was written "HP has reviewed your product information, including product number and serial number, to determine the terms of the warranty."

regards.

HP Recommended

If the laptop has hotkey driver (e.g. brightness, volume keys from function, fn keys) installed, there must be a hot key associated with HP System Info utility. Usually, it opens with esc or fn+esc, it should have all the information that you can use along with proof of purchase.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.