cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CGYoe
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

my 15-ac161nr shut itself off and will not power up. my ac adapter/charger/battery are good

HP Recommended
pavillion P1A95UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was working on my laptop (model # 15-ac161nr) when I had to step away from it for a moment. When I came back it had shut itself down. My battery is fully charged and the charger are good.  My wife has the same laptop so I checked by swapping them from her machine to mine and mine to hers.

The led does not light up when the power/charger is plugged in as it always has.  

What's going on?

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,994
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CGYoe

Welcome to HP Forums, 

Let's get straight into it.

The fact that the adapter works on your wife's device confirms that the adapter is not the issue in your scenario, however, as it isn't powering on anymore, it could be either a charger port or a motherboard failure, what we'll need to check is if there are any fans running or any lights any where on the device.

If there's absolutely silence, while the adapter is charging your wife's device and its working fine, we may be looking at a hardware malfunction, and if there were any power surges or lightning storm that occurred before this happened, there could be a charge to repair the device if it isn't covered by an accidental damage protection, though its under standard factory warranty.

I suggest you check my private message for further instructions:

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers!

(Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums)

If you would like to thank us for our efforts, you may click on kudos (the thumbs up button)

And If you wish to help the community grow, mark this post as an accepted solution.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation