cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
REXVVISHY
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

my HP-15AY542TU laptop battery is not charging to 100%.

HP Recommended
HP-15AY542TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My laptop is HP-15ay542tu product number is 1AC81PA , its AC adapter in connected but not charging. when I scanned through hp hardware diag tool it reported as failed.What should I do now.Screensrgrhot (3).png

this is the screenshot of the hp pc diag tool after scanning battery status.

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,364
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@REXVVISHY,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

As I see you've performed the hardware test and it resulted with the failure ID which is PLKQ1G-0009LR-XD7UQ1-C0CU13

Here's what the ID represents:  601

Error message: Battery 1

This clearly indicates that the battery on the laptop is faulty and it needs a replacement.

I did go through the Product specification and found that your PC was shipped with 4-cell, 41 Wh Li-ion lithium-ion battery.

For the spare part number, I would suggest you go  through the Maintenance and Service guide of your notebook.

Chapter 3 Illustrated parts catalog --- Computer major components -- page number 36

4-cell, 41-Whr, 2.8-Ah Li-ion battery   807957-001

Now the parts listed here are the ones which are tested and compatible on your PC.  If you wish you can try other parts at your own discretion. However,  HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance.

Alternatively, You could replace the part on your own, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here).

If you find difficulty replacing the part, I would recommend you contact our HP support for further assistance.

HP Support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation