Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My laptop, ProBook 450 G2 goes into sleep mode even tho power settings set to never. The operating system is Windows 7 Professional.  I had a Microsoft tech check it. I also had HP tech check it. They both said it was a hardware problem. I sent it to HP to be serviced and they replaced the system board and said they tested it. When I got it back, it went into sleep mode again. I left my laptop for about 15 minutes and when I came back it was in sleep mode. This always happens after the laptop has been left for about 15 minutes.

Does anybody have a solution?????????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I sent my laptop into HP repair. They replaced mother board and some cables, but that did not solve problem. They finally replaced the Windows 7 operating system. Basically they gave me a new system. I spent 3 days updating windows with all the updates and then re-loading my programs. What a mess!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
I have exactly the same problem, without any solution.
HP Recommended

I sent my laptop into HP repair. They replaced mother board and some cables, but that did not solve problem. They finally replaced the Windows 7 operating system. Basically they gave me a new system. I spent 3 days updating windows with all the updates and then re-loading my programs. What a mess!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I enter 45 minutes for display to cut of when attache to the mains but has no effect - cuts off after 10 minutes. also I set Power to "high performance" but sometimes it reverts back to "power saver" = really anoying and this laptop is brand new!

HP Recommended
Y que fue lo que hiciste?
HP Recommended

@maribela,

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

This keeps happening to a machine here at the school. It is brand new, Windows 10 PRO. It was doing it, so I went in and updated all the power settings  a second time, and it stopped, but even though I had it set to never go to sleep, it still would after about 10 minutes, but now, it's back to sleeping after 2 minutes, which is annoying since the user then has to put in his password again every 2 minutes. I sure hope you have a solution, because obviously WE don't!

HP Recommended

Was a solution found for this issue? I have a user running Win7 Pro x64 having the same issue with a HP ProBook 450 G2.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have a hp core i7 proBook 450 G3 laptop, when it is turned on and after 10 minutes it goes into sleep mode, and never wakeup on any key pressing without a hard reset. I have searched lot of articles on the net for resolving the problem. but no one is giving me the right answer. please solve my problem.

HP Recommended

This thread is marked as answered but the solution to rebuild the laptop with a new motherboard and new OS is NOT(!) a solution. This thread should have been left open.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.