cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrstan
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

no charge or battery light on elitebook 8440p laptops but laptop fully operational power and charge

HP Recommended

Elitebook 8440p has no power/charge LED.  The laptop seems to be fully working outside of this one LED not working.  Battery charges, computer working and shows battery status on status bar.  HP battery test will not run and reports error on operation.

Battery is new, charger is new.  This is happening on all my 8440p units in my facility.. there are around 25 of them total.  I have one which the LED is present.

This one has my head scratching.  these are i5 laptops with 4Gb ram.  

I took batteries out and ran on only the chargers and LED not present.  I ran on the battery alone, and no LED.  I ran on AC with battery inserted, and no LED.  Could all the LEDs be burnt out possibly?.. seems weird for ALL my fleet to be burnt out...

Help guys!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation