Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Chromebook, Stream, HP 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

anyway to  add a new protection plan to my Chromebook, Stream, HP 14  ?   i dont want the plan starting on the day  my laptop got purchased since it was a gift.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Computerlover93 

I can appreciate that you do not want the original hardware warranty to follow the original purchase date.

In so much that I am aware, the original hardware warranty for a device is dated from original purchase date of that new device.

Disclaimer

Our community has no influence over warranty - not the structure of the contract, not how that contract is managed, and not how HP interprets the warranty. 

Any Expert or general member of the community who tells you they know "for a fact" something concerning any warranty issue, question, or result, is giving their opinion on the subject.

"We" are not HP.

My Opinion - Warranty Start Date

When the original owner purchased the computer new, the included hardware warranty provided with the device starts at that date/time. 

Warranty does not "renew" itself if the computer is gifted, loaned, sold, or otherwise transferred to a new user / owner.

What to do?

If there are options after the original warranty has expired, these are available as a purchased contract.

Contracts vary. 

There may - or may not - be a warranty from HP that meets your needs, budget, and other requirements.

Check for Warranty Status and Read about Possible Options

Warranty Check

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)

Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document.  Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.

Care Pack - Optional Coverage Plans

Enter your product number in the form to view available Warranty plans for your device

Various Regions

Reminder

1. Always verify phone numbers in the HP website information.
  2. Not your region?  Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Flag > change to your region

More…

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.