catfishjvl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

plugged in but not charging

HP Recommended
8570w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About a month ago i reinstalled my 8570w after i upgraded the hdd with a ssd.

I installed Windows 10 (64bit) and installed HP Support Assistant which helped with all the drivers and updates.

Previously, i didn't install Support Assistant.

HP Support Assistant also proposed to install a new bios, which i did (F.71A).

I do not really know when the problem started, but since around then: my battery doesn't charge anymore.

With the adapter the pc works perfectly, but the battery is at 0% on this moment.

When i check the battery in HP Support Assistant (Battery Check) it says the battery is "OK" but should be charged.

When the adapter is plugged is, the red light (third light from the left on front) isn't on.

When i unplug the adapter and plug it in, the light is red for half a second.

I did a "power reset", but that didn't help.

Also since i flashed the bios and did a "restore defaults" i sometime get an error booting "unknown wwan device".

I didn't even know i had it, but previously, i never had that error.

Could it be the bios messed something up?

I don't really know which version i had before, but i can't downgrade the bios so that's not an option.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation