Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook Studio G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anyone answer why my system continually pops up a nag screen telling me to connect a higher power supply to get full performance?

Running it on the standard supply does it. Connect it to the G2 Dock with the higher rated supply - still get the same nag!

Really annoying 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

There should b a setting in the device BIOS to disable AC Adapter warning. 

How old is the charger? Have you taken a multimeter to check for proper read outs? 

Is there a BIOS Update that may resolve this issue? 

Paul Isaacson
Owner and Lead Technician
HP Recommended

Should have mentioned this has only happened after HP replaced the motherboard.

Update :  found out why I'm (probably) having issues. The laptop was bought as a  ZBook Studio G5. The motherboard that HP fitted, under business warranty, is from an EliteBook 840 G6. To say I'm raging would be an understatement 😞

Also found out that the system flat refuses to recognise the onboard speakers or microphone so i suspect that the new motherboard is not working as it should.

He did supposedly update the BIOS when he rebuilt the system.

I've raised another case for the speakers etc so see what happens.

HP Recommended

What is the system details in BIOS? Granted BIOS can be reprogramed as those boards could very well be similar. 

You can go here to enter your device serial number and get a list of part numbers for your device: https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx

Paul Isaacson
HP Recommended

Bios says Zbook studio, Win reporting (PC/Manage) states Elitebook.

A 2020 ZBook studio has 4 SODIMM slots enabling 64G of RAM. An Elitebook has 2 slots enabling 32G. The ZBook has installed by factory slots and mine was supplied with 32G of RAM. If i take out the modules in the user accessible slots the machine beeps like crazy and wont start. No memory fitted. Hence it only has two slots! It is NOT a Zbook Studio MB.

Phoned support today, honestly!! Bang your head from a brick wall. "I will do everything to sort this today!" aye ..... he went home. No new case raised as promised. No email as promised. 

And still doesn't fix the issue that none of the audio on this MB works 😞

HP Recommended

Download https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html and export the data and upload here. It's possible the 2 DIMM slots that you can't see are there but not populated. 

Paul Isaacson
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.