2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

problems with my battery

HP Recommended
HP notebook - 17-x032nd (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help...

When my pc is plugged in my battery doesnt charge. Only when it is off it's charching again.

The hardware Diagnostics UEFI showed me this code: FOUT-ID : 90E07K-85S976-GXGK7FC0C703

I have not a clue what to do now...

Like to hear,

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The diagnostics code suggests the battery has failed. It is possible the fault lies elsewhere: if the battery is actually charging (rather than just appearing to charge) when the notebook is off and is holding a reasonable charge when disconnected from power, the fault might actually be in your power adapter.

If you have any warranty left, I would use that failure code to start the process of obtaining warranty service. If not, do you have access to another HP power adapter - if so, try that to see if your system works better on a different power adapter.

0 Kudos
Rencine
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks David!

I will try to find another adapter and test it.

I have actually also tested the adapter (UEFI) and the outcome was positive...

Ok, step by step 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation