Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp elitebook x360 1030 g8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

When I tried to deploy an image using sccm, I get an error 0x80070490. It appears that SCCM winpe is not able to see the storage unit (hard drive). I'm trying to find the drivers which I can import into the package (Winpe) so once it boots off the network PXe which it does ok. But it doesnt see the hdd,.

any information which could help with this?

Cheers.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

you should first check which WinPE version are you using.

you have to start boot.wim , open a CMD prompt the do the troubleshooting.

check the version

you have to use DEVCON64 utility from microsoft to discover the NVME controller hardware ID and check which is the driver currently used by that controller.

Then , still using DEVCON64.exe try to remove the current driver and see it NVME is seen by WinPE.

I had a case where I had to remove , on the fly , to driver before to see the disk. In you case if WinPE is too old, it could be thta you need to update WinPE version of your boot.wim.

I hope this could help you to try to understand what is wrong in your boot.wim , if WinPE Versrion or NVME driver version.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.