Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryuo
Level 2
14 11 0 3
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

strange behavior after bios update (probook 455 g5)

HP Recommended
ProBook 455 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today I noticed there was a BIOS update available for my ProBook 455 G5. I proceeded to apply the update from the BIOS where it downloaded and appled the update. The ProBook then turned off and started beeping in cycles, something like 2 short and 3 long beeps. I left it alone to figure out how to recover from a bad update, as I thought it had failed.

While working from another computer, I noticed it had rebooted and the BIOS update seems to have been applied. Is this normal behavior? Should I do anything further? I'm wondering if the BIOS is corrupted or something, but then I suppose the checksums would detect that. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
11,959 11,898 2,378 4,846
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

During BIOS updates it is quite normal to have beep codes during the update and if all is working and the BIOS version is updated there should be no problem.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please clcik on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
11,959 11,898 2,378 4,846
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

During BIOS updates it is quite normal to have beep codes during the update and if all is working and the BIOS version is updated there should be no problem.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please clcik on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation