08-16-201912:31 PM - last edited on 08-16-201912:36 PM by Cheron-Z
Product: elitebook 1030 g3
Operating System: Linux
hello, after an unsuccessful attempt at updating the UEFI settings, computer is stuck at secure boot screen loop. Here is the summary of things:
1) Following screen instruction passes the secure boot authorization screen, then reboots the laptop into the same screen.
2) One working reset key combinations I've tried is win+B+pw and the light on caps lock comes up, then notbing happens and the light turns off. Next boot is the same story with no change.
3) Took out external battery, held power button etc... nothing changed afterwards.
4) All BIOS menus (F1, F2...F12) are inaccessible and locked behind the secure boot verification screen.
5) Entering authorization numbers backward does NOT discard the "supposed" pending changes (if anything, then shoul've been written first time around). No other on screen instruction to discard current UEFI from the backup chip.
6) OS is not coming up and no USB seems to boot as computer shuts down right after authorization page no matter what.
So am I missing a key combination somewhere? is there a RTC battery that I'd have to take out (where on mother board)? whats the recovery