Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP x260 1030 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP, and forum readers

I have a problem with my keyboard. I use my laptop with an usb c dock with an external HP 27ea monitor. I'd like to use the laptop just as a "keyboard" when docked, so I turn the display around. In this position the keyboard deactivates,and I can't use it. I tried to find something in the settings,but couldn't find anything useful.

Is there a way to use the laptop's keyboard in that position?

Would be really happy if someone could help.

Best regards

Tamás

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

When the Notebook is folded it goes into Tablet Mode and the keyboard is deactivated.

As far as I know there is no way to reactivate the Keyboard when in Tablet Mode.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer. I found the same even when tablet mode is disabled. 😕
I think this is a common problem.

Thanks anyway

HP Recommended

I would not call it a problem when a machine is working like it is designed to work.

You have a convertible machine that's designed to work as a notebook PC or a tablet but it's not designed to be a desktop.

Some people where I work use their notebook PCS with external monitors but they simply put the notebook in the middle and the external monitors sit off to the sides attached to monitor stand arms.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended

And as a follow-up fought, I suspect you will not find any manufacturer's notebook PCS that keep the keyboard active when the machine is folded up into tablet mode.

I have seen some PCS where the keyboard bezel raises when you fold the notebook effectively making the keys flush with the surface so they won't even inadvertently be pushed or damaged when the notebook is folded.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.