Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1040 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have noticed a couple of x360 1040 G5's that have very sensitive touchpads. They do not palm reject well when typing on the keyboard and will often move the mouse when someone is trying to type.

Also when someone uses the two finger tap gesture for right click, the mouse jumps halfway across the screen. This is consistent across windows installations and computers so we believe this is a hardware problem.

Has anyone else seen this with the x360 1040 G5's?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

if the behavior continues after you update the BIOS and drivers on the laptop, i suggest opening a support case with HP support

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.