Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
zBook 15u G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

With Windows 10 1610 I used the fingerprint sensor of my zBook 15u G2 to log in to Windows.

Now I did a clean install of Windows 10 1703 (Creators Update) and I cannot get Windows Hello to recognize the fingerprint sensor of the machine.

The sensor is type VID 128a (Synaptics) PID 003f

The installed driver is Ver 4.5.341.0 (through windows update). This is the newest one I found.

In Windows Hello, the driver is recognized, but when I try to register a fingerprint, Windows Hello says "something went wrong".

I have searched far and wide across the web and tried different solutions, but none seem to work for my situation.

Does anyone have an idea how to get this working?

Thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I'd recommend you install  Synaptics (Validity) Fingerprint Sensor Driver 4.5.335.0 Rev.A at https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-zbook-15u-g2-mobile-workstation/715280...

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.

HP Recommended

Hi, MSLEE

Unfortunately 4.3.335 did not do the job. 

Interesting: I just did a fresh install of Win 10 Creators update on a Elitebook 8770w, which has an older version of the Synaptics fingerprint sensor. Windows Update installed 4.5.341 and login through via fingerprint works like a breeze.

After some more experimenting with the zBook 15u G2 I installed the HP fingerprint software, which recognized the reader (still with 4.5.341) and now everything works. Unfortunately not natively in Win 10, but it works anyway. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.