Did you mean: 
AvHesk
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

zBook Studio x360 G5 - Slow SHIFT key performance

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Been using my brand-new x360 zBook Studio G5 for about a month...

Has anyone else noticed that the SHIFT key is "slow"?  If you try to type any shifted key, like : or ", pressing the shift key followed by the target key in quick succession, it doesn't work.  You have to press SHIFT and then wait a beat before pressing the target key.  I've never experienced this problem before on any other laptop or keyboard, and I am a fairly fast typist.

The same problem will occur in the SHIFT not 'releasing' feast enough.  So you try to type a capitalized letter, such as:

HEllo

and if you type the E fast enough, it comes out uppercase, even though you released the SHIFT Key.

I've confirmed that this issue isn't due to my operating system, as I tested it directly in the system BIOS and the issue is present there also.

Can we expect a firmware update to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation