Bakhtiyar
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

zbook 15u g2 clean install

HP Recommended
Zbook 15u g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to clean install Windows 10 on my Zbook 15u g2.

Does it support installing windows 10 on UEFI native mode?

Because, no matter how I try, it gets stuck copying files 0%. I even tried to wait copying for 1 day

In legacy mode I can install the OS.

So I installed it in legacy mode, changed System Reserved partition to boot with Uefi on MBR.

with Secureboot(Uefi native) checked - it starts and works fine, but now I'm unable to Reset Windows 10.

It freezes and does not shut down/restart.

I checked it with UEFI diagnostics tool - everything seems to be okay.

Maybe someone can show me Bios settings for Windows 10.

With its own 8.1 disks are the same situation. it just stucks copying files(0%) when installing the OS in Uefi mode. Legacy mode is ok.

Or, are these Zbooks supposed to work in legacy mode?

Zbook 15u g2 I have is the one with 2 SSDs(PCIe and Sata). if any additional info needed I can provide.

Bakhtiyar Y.

3 REPLIES 3
Bakhtiyar
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

somehow I got 'Manufacturing program mode 1 of 10" error, after 3 reboots(everytime it rebooted itself) I shut down the laptop. after that I saw "Product Information not valid HP" error stating:

System Board OOA Product Information Not Valid
Product Name
Configuration
Serial number
Product Number

then, bios(?) successfully recovered. I don't know what was it, but now laptop works better than before. So far no other errors.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
TryToDoMybest
Level 8
889 879 85 171
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

do you still have the "Manufacturing Mode" message ?

About Windows 10 clean installation,

some older BIOS are not able to boot from NTFS formatted USB key in UEFI mode.

But FAT32 USB key are not able to have the install.wim file on it as it's bigger then the maximum size allowed by FAT32.

So what I do is :

take two USB key. one formatted FAT32. a second formatted NTFS. on Both I copy the Windows 10 installation files, created with HP Cloud Recovery Client.

The I boot from FAT32 key , when I get the Install Windows , I insert also the second USB key with NTFS. Somehow the installation file are taken from tinstall.wim available on the NTFS USB key.

At the end I have Windows 10 installed with UEFI and Secure Boot enable.

Update the BIOS and the TMP firmware to latest version.

Bye

Bakhtiyar
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

after the recovery there is no any error. I don't know what the error it was but it really didn't let me install windows in uefi native mode. now everything looks great

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation